Nick

Appreciate your reply.

The archives have a cajillion entries, and no search that I could see, and
also contain questions about other than word POI, so how am I supposed to
find it.

Darrell

Nick Burch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/14/2006 11:14 AM
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>

POI Users List <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: poi word software

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> How can i download the software for use on my system.

If you want to work with word documents, you'll need a recent SVN checkout

or SVN nightly build. See the list archives for details, this is a very
commonly asked questions

> I have a need to read word documents

This should be supported

> insert data at mailmerge tags

The edit support doesn't always behave, so you may have trouble with this.

> and print to a specific printer.

POI is an API, not a renderer. You will need to automate openoffice or
word itself to have your documents rendered and printed. Again, see the
list archives for details

Nick