This is great news, thanks!

On 1/8/07, Yegor Kozlov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All

I'm glad to announce that the long-awaited support for excel comments in
POI is implemented.
The request to implement it has been in po-dev since June 2002 (see Bug
10215) and finally this feature is present.

Now it's possible to read/write cell comments using HSSF API.

The docs on the POI website have been updated. See how-to at
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/quick-guide.html#CellComments

Excel comment is a special text shape. What I understood it the task came
to implementing a new type of shape
and the underlying records.

Below is a detailed list of changes:

* Implemented new records: org.apache.poi.hssf.record.NoteRecord
     and org.apache.poi.hssf.record.NoteStructureSubRecord.

* Changed record factories and BiffViewer to handle new types of
records

* Note records need to be serialized after all drawing group records.
Changed
    org.apache.poi.hssf.record.EscherAggregate to handle that.

* Implemented org.apache.poi.hssf.model.CommentShape
   and the corresponding high-level
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFComment

* Add methods to org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell to get/set cell
comments

Regards,
Yegor Kozlov