Thanks for your ardent help Rajeshwar,I really
appreciate it.
      Just wanted to ask what do I need to do to run
the same code in Linux environment, as it successfully
runs in windows.

--- Rajeshwar Mothe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi dudes & POI users & Mr.Rupanu Ranjaneswar
>
>  try this code also
>
>  its working fine yar
>
>  by c u dudes
>
>  have a good day
>

> import java.io.*;
> import java.util.*;
> import

org.apache.poi.hslf.extractor.QuickButCruddyTextExtractor;
> public class ppt2{
>
>   public ppt2(){
>
>   }
>   public static void main(String[] args){
>
>     try{
>
>       FileInputStream in = new
> FileInputStream("C:\\Log4J.ppt");
>

>      String str = "";

org.apache.poi.hslf.extractor.QuickButCruddyTextExtractor
>  ppe = new

org.apache.poi.hslf.extractor.QuickButCruddyTextExtractor(in);