One more thing, Jon... You're right that in the policyd DB that the
various quota fields are of the type "unsigned integer," and the C code
also seems to specify unsigned int (I'm looking at the 1.9X beta code --
however, I'm running 1.82 in production), so unless there's something
else, I'm not sure without digging into the code in detail why the max.
unsigned integer value of around 4200000000 shouldn't work, but in 1.82
at least it seems to not -- if you put in a big value in policyd.conf,
like 4200000000, it reports for a connection in the log:

quota=0/2147483647

even if I also specifically change the _quota_max entry in the throttle
table to be 4200000000.  So, I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

--Tobias