Tobias Kreidl wrote:
> Alejandro,
>
> The whole idea of the throttle table is to limit the amount of email of
> a sender for a certain period of time.  As the time expires, so do the
> records.  You need only establish limits that are applied to all users
> (thoug you can set exceptions in the whitelist), but the throttle and
> throttle_from_instance table will grow and shrik according to the time
> limits set and how often you run the cleanup process.  In other words,
> this is normal behavior.
>
> As to the row and size limits, those would be huge numbers; the tables
> can in principle grow to millions of rows and many gigabytes of data,
> but this is why you want to expire old records regularly (such as once
> an hou) to keep old records from making the table huge and slower.   In
> our case, we only keep about two hours' worth of data and use a one-hour
> window.  The biggest I've seen the throttle table grow to is perhaps
> 6,000 rows or so.  Typically, it hits around 3,000 just before the
> cleanup process runs.
> Our needs and hence our tables are simple and only take up a couple of
> megabytes; we process several hundred thousand messages a day, so
> efficiency is important.
>
> --Tobias
>
> John Beaver wrote:
>
>> Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
>>

>>> Dear all, I have postfix-policyd in order to put a message size quota to
>>> my LAN users.
>>>
>>> I fill the THROTTLE table from the POSTFIXPOLICYD database with the
>>> users' mail and quota, that's OK and it works. But after a time, the of a
>>> sender
>>> throttle table becomes empty and I hav eto fill it again.
>>>
>>> Does throttle table have a size limit or row limit ????
>>>

>> It doesn't have a limit but if the user does not send any mail during a
>> time period, their record may be "cleaned" (removed).
>> Not sure the details of how it worked, because it happened only once.
>> My user was heavy on sending emails  :)
>>

>> Check out the clean process and you'll find out why it gets removed.
>> john

Thanks a lot for your support....in my case in the THROTTLE table I add
rows with certain users who need a different message quota from the
default set up in postfix-policyd.conf. So if the THROTTLE table becomes
empty, these users get the default message quota value along the time
and I don't want this behaviour; after that I need to delete the users
rows and add new rows with the quota they need.

This is my problem when throttle becomes empty.....

Regards

Alejandro