HI,

2008/3/11, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  Hi Sebastian,
>
> we had similar problems here. Though they could be fixed by setting
> correct MAXFDS in our environment (policyd had 4096 and crashed when it
> overcame the systems limit 256)
> so I'd also recommend to run policyd in DEBUG=3 mode if you have repeating
> issues.
>
> Still, I would appreciate it if there is any solution in Postfix, to not
> have the mailserver send out "4xx server configuration error" or similar if
> the policy service not reachable.
>
> I know, we have a cronjob running each minute to check if its still in the
> process list, and if not, restart it, but we have several customers which
> are really picky about such errors even if they are just temporary and
> solved within a minute... so at least if there is any chance to change the
> 4xx message...

I'm testing  D.J. Bernstein's daemontools but it's only (imho) temporary
solution.

Lastly, one should not put policyd first in smtpd_client_restrictions, I
> guess. In your example, authenticated senders would still be subject to
> greylisting.

I don't use policyd's greylisting (it's  elsewhere ). What I need is to
limit sending mails by my users with exactly amount of mails per day (due to
some reasons).

Best regards,

Sebastian Tymków