Good day,

> we are trying out policyd v2 with PostgreSQL and have some question/remarks.
>
> 1.) The script for creating the tables uses some mysql only datatypes
> like "TINYTEXT" and "DATETIME" which are not supported by PostgreSQL.
> Would it be better to use the "portabel" types "VARCHAR(255)" and
> "TIMESTAMP" instead?

There is a pgsql option which generates PostgreSQL schema.

There is also an sqlite option which generates SQLite3 schema.

There is also a mysqlv4 (i think it is) option which generates MySQL v4
schema.

> 2.) In Postgres it is necessary to set a index on a column used as
> FOREIGN KEY explicit as far as i understand it. This has to be done
> for the "SERIAL" column in most of the tables. To be compatibel with
> MySQL it could be useful to use BIGSERIAL (8 Byte) instead.

Hrmmm ... I'm not sure I understand what you are saying?

The script which converts the sql "template" into the various database
schemas can easily be modified, so if you could explain the above a bit
more clear and show me examples I will make the relevant changes.

-N