Nigel Kukard wrote:
>>> I suggest you review the v2 code before making an assumption like that,
>>> furthermore you did not read what I said.
>>>
>>> V2 tracks all the recipients for the message. Therefore in end_of_data
>>> state, this information is available.
>> The information is not available in end_of_data.
>
> "V2 tracks all the recipients for the message.". This is done in the
> recipient_restrictions and referenced using the Postfix instance.
>
> Look at table   session_tracking  , there is a column RecipientData
> which stores matched policies and the recipients for the current smtp
> transaction (instance). The unique instance variable is available in
> end_of_data, which then does a query against the DB to get the list of
> recipients.
>
> So it is available to policyd v2 in end_of_data (I made no mention of
> Postfix providing a recipient list in end_of_data).

Bleh. This is what the OP's problem is. He was doing
recipient throttling at the end_of_data phase. I'm
simply stating that it won't work regardless of what
version of Policyd is being used as Postfix does not
provide that information to Policyd at that stage.

If a message has multiple recipients and someone has
Policyd setup to do recipient throttling, its not
going to work as its suppose to.