On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:57:23PM -0700, Gary V wrote:
> > Robert wrote:
>
> >> set smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname
> >> (if that's already set, then I should hurry)
>
> > I added this. This server has very few Postfix restrictions set.
>
> I guess I should actually read the installation notes!

Well, it was in the Setup HOWTO, and in the docs but without some
remark to this rather important setting.

I'll implement sooner or later an own validation allthough the
prefered method is to use the postfix restriction because postfix
gets the bogus chars first - and converts them later, which makes
it a bit of needless overhead if we check it - with altered information.

I'm open for suggestions or comments.

--
    Robert Felber (PGP: 896CF30B)
    Munich, Germany