Hi there,

On 18/09/2007, Robert Felber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 04:37:14PM +0200, Michael Mertel wrote:
> > decided action=550 temporarily blocked because of previous errors -
> > retrying too fast. penalty: 30 seconds x 1 retries. (multirecipient
> > mail)
> >
> > I checked the log and was not able to find the "previous errors". What
> > event can cause this message
>
> This message is caused when a previous validation of the client,sender
> already lead to a reject.

So, this message is seen when a cached negative client crosses a threshold
of attempts within a time period?
Is it "right" to use a 550-don't-try-again action here with no regard to the
actions that has been applied to this client before?  I don't see this line
in the sample configuration file as "recommended to be modified"..

What's the thinking behind choosing between 450s and 550s in policyd-weight?

my regards,
Riaan