>> Polipo doesn't work like that.  It caches everything, except
>> "Cache-Control: no-store".  It later performs a revalidation, and will
>> only serve the cached data if the server says it's okay.
>
>> So if you run with relaxTransparency, the data should be in cache.

> Ah... yeah, the magic "cache everything forever" setting :-) The problem with
> that is it applies to everything and for these kinds of use-case you really
> only
> want it to apply for the specific urls you pre-fetched.

Yeah, when you're on a modem line you really want stale data unless
you shift-click reload, on an ADSL line you want HTTP's cache
directives to be obeyed, but yours is clearly an edge case.

> It would also be nice to be able to apply these kinds of settings on
> a per-url-regex basis like you can with squid, so that you can work
> around known bad cachebuster urls.

Makes sense.  It's not completely trivial, since the infrastructure in
forbidden.c would need to be refactorised so that more settings can be
set on a per-URL or per-domain basis -- there's already too much code
duplication in there.

> Of course, features like this are only really useful if you can identify bad
> cachebuster urls. With no request hit/miss logging, you can't really do that
> :-)

You'd be surprised.  Try

  logLevel=0x17

-- Juliusz