> Unfortunately, around that time the Git repository [1] (which still seem
> to be described as the primary one at [2]) went down, leaving me unable
> to check if my change’s still needed, and I dropped the case.

This is hopefully fixed now -- all links should now point at Github.

(In case you're interested -- OVH, who were hosting our server, decided
that they're not going to accept administrative transfers from French
universities any longer.  I could in principle pay myself and then attempt
to get reimbursed, but I decided I wouldn't bother -- github works just
fine.  So much for trying to remain self-hosted.)

> Now that I’ve fetched the recent Git history from [3] (where the
> development has seem to be moved since)

Just to clarify -- there's no Polipo development.  As a service to the
community, I apply patches when they are "obviously correct", but I have
no plans to spend any serious time hacking at Polipo.

This is free software -- feel free to fork, and if you're good at it, I'll
be glad to give up maintainership.

> I have no spare time right now to try and suggest a patch to merge the
> IPv6 and multiple addresses support to the current Polipo, but still
> provide my patch for any interested party to consider.

Please let me know when you have an obviously correct patch that's ready
to merge.

-- Juliusz