> I believe that, no one is modifying the request between these two calls,
> Can you please give some clarification on it ? I mainly concerned about
> the "request->offset" ?

The value of Request->offset is modified in do_scheduled_stream, io.c line
364.  The layering is as follows:

 - event.c contains the low-level event-handling code, and doesn't know
   anything about I/O requests;
 - io.c contains the I/O functionality, and builds on event.c;
 - the rest of the code uses the functions in io.c for all socket I/O.

I agree that this code is difficult to follow, and I think that Polipo
should be rewritten in a language with strong support for lightweight
concurrency (CPC and Go are the only ones that I know that compile to
native code).

-- Juliusz