Sean,

I listened to the interview with Bill Christison yesterday and one pointsticked out for me. He mentioned Glasnost or 1989.  And that he wasincreasingly alarmed by the developments after. Somehow the fall of the USSRseems the main basis of the ostentatious arrogance of which the neocons paradeas the master students or ultimate winners. They think they won WWIII or theCold War. So now people of the world are reduced again to owners of assets whocontrol a large army of Homo Economicus, the mass which has one general duty:to buy to keep the economy afloat. [obviously it's a bit more complicated]

What I do not quite get out of my mind is abook review I read in DIE ZEIT a couple of years ago by a journalist, who firstworked in the USSR and then in the US. He was highly suspicious of the USSRsystem, but then somehow disillusioned about the US system too. A historicallook back on Watergate a little later supported this view. The main line was,Nixon was in fact not too far off from the larger authoritarian tradition, thebusiness as usual. His only mistake was to be afraid his double dealings could bediscovered. So in fact he overreacted, instead of sitting it out, knowing hehad all the treads of power in his hands.

Iam highly suspicious of the idea of a US shadow government but maybe I shouldnot be. [an idea that lately was mentioned in the French interview by WebsterTarpley]

Concerning 911.  He said something that I have often thought myself. Allthe collective studies can be carefully watched by authorities and they have anenormous advantage. They Know the truth about the action or inaction of thegovernment, or all the censored material. So in a way it feels like a fightagainst a windmill. They have the full stack of cards while the other side istrying hard to shift facts from rumor. This scenario supports a pretty pessimistic view of history. They easily can and probably will manage to fit any new explanation into the whole scenario. And they can easily "disappear" whatever does not fit into the frame. [Power; our chancelor Kohl easily controlled what people may and may not know. The only trace he left after he left his office was the enormous amount of files on the network that were deleted. And the hardware files that were taken away.]

But maybe I will read Ray Griffins latestbook, the ethical dimensions of the whole story admittedly interest me most.

-b

--- In political-research@yahoogroups.com, Sean McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The human race, across all nations, seems to be permanently afflicted with a certain personality type: stupid, bullying authoritarian thugs who are completely devoid of any creative or productive abilities, but who feel a fanatical compulsion to control the entire planet. Invariably this sector of the human race projects its own worst traits on its victims. The Bush 43 administration, starting with George W. Bush himself, has attracted these characters in droves, including Lynne Cheney. It may be impossible to undo and repair the damage they have inflicted on the United States and the world.
>
> Much of my summer reading was dedicated to exploring the minds of the America founders -- they absolutely despised the kind of people who have risen to power in the United States since 2000. Nearly all of them were liberal free-thinkers and libertarians.
>
> Neoconservatives and Christian Zionists are the enemies of every decent value that Jefferson, Adams, Madison, Franklin, Paine and the rest of the American founders held dear. Their natural habitat is the former Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, not the United States.
>
> In George W. Bush in particular one sees an exceptionally interesting syndrome in play: the dumber and less capable the person, often the more grandiose the ambitions and pretensions. This IDIOT, who is incapable of managing a Burger King and who is too mentally dysfunctional to construct a single coherent sentence, actually believes that he is going to lead a successful world historical revolution against the "evildoers." The sheer farcicality of this current crop of bumbling criminals beggars description.
>
> The main point: Lynne Cheney is unable to defend the official conspiracy theory on 9/11. No one can.
>

> LeaNder [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Do I miss an elaborate joke of yours, Vig? Psychologizingß It looks
> > more like mind control to me. A modern kind of inquisition.-L
> >

> > VMANN: yes, ironically, the dude is a psycho professor. however,
> what the
> > students are doing is presupposing that the dude's arguments are all
> in his
> > head, without reference to the actual facts of the case.
> > sounds a lot like groupthink. the people take it upon themselves to
> enforce
> > the bestowed "morality."
> > vigilius haufniensis
> >

> ooops this was a bit fast on the keyboard again so you get one of the
> strange German letters "ß".
>
> I find these things really frightening. Even more if I watch the
> attack crowd on LGF.
>
> I had to sit down and analyze the letters by the mind police headed by
> Madame Cheney. And maybe take a closer look at what is going on. Maybe
> it's really simple, if you define yourself as righteous and pursuing
> good for all [pretentious as that may be] – hegemonic moralism - you
> necessarily need to perceive evil in others. Maybe it is really as
> [...]

Intelligence