<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/10/24/DDG6PKE8E21.DTL&type=printable>

Jon Carroll:

"The principal sin of the neoconservatives is overbearing arrogance. It is not
so much that they have been wrong. It is that nobody has ever convinced them
that they've ever been wrong."

I didn't say that. Oh, I said stuff like it a few times, but that particular
quote come from David Keene, who is the chairman of the American Conservative
Union. Like a lot of people on the rightish side of the political spectrum, he
bought the rhetoric, he accepted the brilliance of Donald Rumsfeld's idea for a
brand-new downsized "smart" army, he hung in there when things appeared to be
going wrong -- and now he's angry....

This war was an unnecessary failure. If we had not invaded Iraq, if we had just
let the U.N. inspectors do their work, if we had neutralized Saddam Hussein by
other means, the world would be better. It's not that we fought the right war
in the wrong way; we fought a deeply stupid war in a deeply stupid way.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: