European ethnic nationalism made a major play in the 20th century and it was
called Nazism -- correct?  And that ended not so prettily?

  I am trying to imagine scenarios in which a European ethnic nationalist
movement results in a positive or successful outcome -- I am having no success.

  What exactly does MacDonald envision?  Has he really thought this thing
through?

  If the United States emulated Zionism and Israel in organizing its politics
and culture around European-based ethnic nationalist roots, what would be the
consequences for American society?  Mass violence, mass murder, genocide,
anarchy and the destruction of the United States as a world power would be
likely outcomes.  Wouldn't it be wiser over the long haul to hold on to the
universalist and meritocratic ideals of the Enlightenment and the American
Founding Fathers?

  The neocons are going to destroy themselves.  Why destroy what is best about
American society to go after a group which is bent on self-immolation?

tim_howells_1000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Sean McBride wrote:
     By the way, I doubt that an explosion of European ethnic nationalism is an
effective way to deal with the problems that Haim Saban and Avigdor Lieberman
pose for Europe and the United States. It's difficult to see much of a future
for ethnic nationalism as an organizing principle for human societies.
Messianic ethnic nationalist movements have a strong tendency to polarize the
entire world against themselves and to self-destruct at this stage of human
civilization.

Apparently MacDonald wants to answer Lieberman's militant Jewish ethnocentrism
with an even more militant European ethnocentrism.
  As MacDonald argues, if you look at the whole history of Jewish separatism,
it's very hard to believe that they are going to give up and assimilate, or
even moderate their ambitions at this point.  It looks like it will either be
continued and increasing Jewish domination, or else the Samson option - pretty
grim options for our futures either way!  As Prof. MacDonald said elsewhere:
    History also suggests that anti-Jewish reactions develop as Jews increase
their control over other peoples.  As  always, it will be fascinating to
observe the dénouement.
  http://www.theoccidentalquarterly.com/vol4no2/km-understandIII.html
  Sean McBride wrote:
    Perhaps the more effective policy is to give extremists like Lieberman
enough scope to destroy themselves.  Sometimes I wonder if this has been covert
American strategy at the highest levels since at least the 1950s. Such a
strategy would explain many things that are otherwise unexplainable.
  I doubt that this was ever a coherent strategy.  Probably it was more of a
comforting thought as we caved in on issue after issue after issue.  I don't
think that MacDonald's proposal of an elite-supported resurgence of a
generalized form of Western European ethnic nationalism is any worse than an
uncontrollable explosion of grass-roots antisemitism, which would no doubt be
brutally opposed by a corrupt Euro-American elite allied with Zionism.