Conservative commentator Glenn Beck says he doesn't want any homophobe for 
a friend or fan.

"Anybody within the sound of my voice that hates a gay person because 
they're gay, you have no place calling yourself a fan of mine, and you are 
not a fan of mine," he said on his Monday show *on subscription-only 
BlazeTV, Mediaite 
reported*<http://www.mediaite.com/online/glenn-beck-you-are-not-a-fan-of-mine-if-you-hate-people-because-theyre-gay/>.
 


"You have no friendship here*, *nor does anyone who hates another person 
because of their political views or religion."

"However, you have a right to be my neighbor," Beck added. "You have a 
right to be somebody in the community and somebody whose voice is heard. 
And I'm not going to silence your voice. You're just wrong. I'm not afraid 
of your opinion."

The stand came during a discussion about Russia's gay propaganda law, 
Mediaite reported.

In addition, The Advocate's report of the show noted Beck also lashed out 
at Gov. *Andrew Cuomo's controversial 
remarks*<http://www.newsmax.com/US/Hannity-taxes-Cuomo-leaving/2014/01/21/id/548270#ixzz2r5j1eSUh>that
 far-right Republicans who are "right-to-life, pro-assault weapons, 
anti-gay . . . have no place in the state of New York."

*Cuomo has since 
insisted*<http://www.newsmax.com/US/cuomo-new-york-conservatives/2014/01/21/id/548116>that
 his words were taken out of context, and that what he was really 
saying was that politicians with those views aren't acceptable to state 
voters. 

"I'm sorry, Governor, but I don't know anybody who is anti-gay," Beck said 
on the show, according to a video on *The Advocate's 
website*<http://www.advocate.com/politics/media/2014/01/21/watch-glenn-beck-antigay-folks-not-my-friends-or-are-they>.
 


"And if they do, I would be the first to point them out and say, 'That 
person hates gay people because they're gay.' . . . I think basing your 
like and dislike on somebody's sexuality is one of the most moronic things 
I've heard."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com 
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Glenn-Beck-homophobe-no-fan/2014/01/21/id/548278#ixzz2rGISi4U8
 
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here 
Now!<http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/Obama-Policies/Should-Congress-Repeal--Obama-s-Health-Plan-and-Ot/id/13/kw/default?PROMO_CODE=10EFE-1%22target=%22_blank%22>

-- 
-- 
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/  
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls. 
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to