http://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/2015/07/21/trump-as-rorschach-test/?singlepage=true



*Trump as Rorschach Test (UPDATED)*

by Roger L Simon

JULY 21, 2015 - 8:43 PM

*(0)(30)*

*(0)*



Fox News owes Donald Trump a bazillion dollars.  He has single-handedly
transformed their broadcast of the first Republican presidential debate on
August 6 — normally a routine event almost a year and a half out from an
election and of significant interest only to political junkies — into a *coup
de television *equivalent to Caitlyn Jenner appearing nude on *60 Minutes.*
 Who wouldn’t want to watch?

Trump has become a kind of Rorschach test for all of us.  He certainly has
for me.  I end up changing my opinion of him about every twenty minutes. (I
don’t call this site *“Diary of Mad Voter”*
<http://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/> for nothing.)  Like a Rorschach ink
blot, sometimes he’s a monster hurtling toward me,  moments later a smiling
pussycat with a wink.  (Well, not quite that.) Again, as with Rorschach
tests, much of my reaction is really me projecting.  We project on The
Donald, who is, after all, a prototypical American character ripped from
the pages of Sinclair Lewis or Scott Fitzgerald, the Great Gatsby running
for president. He is the object of our secret dreams, marrying ever younger
while making billions and living as large as anyone could imagine.  Who
will play him in the movie? (Bring back Jack Nicholson in a carrot top!)

Not only does he suck all the oxygen out of the room, he sucks it out of
the galaxy.  He makes all the other candidates vanish. Only Walker and Bush
are registering in the latest polls and they’re double-digits behind
Donald.   Did you know John Kasich *declared today*
<http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/07/21/policy-more-important-than-politics-ideology-or-other-nonsense-kasich-announces-2016-bid/>?
 (Who? What? Zzzz….) *The real news of the day* was Trump giving out *Lindsey
Graham’s personal cell phone number*
<http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/211045/> after Graham called him an idiot —
or was it the other way around? With The Donald it doesn’t matter.  Hold on
a moment and the opposite will happen.

What do I think of him now, at this very moment, typing this, subject to
change as that is in the next thirty-eight seconds?  I say — bring it on!  *Why
not Donald?  We could do worse. Indeed, we have much worse.* To say I’d
prefer Donald to Madam Rodham doesn’t mean much (I’d prefer anyone in the
phone book), but just imagining a Hillary-Trump head-to-head makes me
giggle.  Has there ever been a spectacle like that in American politics?
Not during the television era.  My dream mano-a-mano (or should I say
mana-a-mana?) would have been Hillary-Carly, but if I’m not going to get
that, Hillary-Donald will more than suffice.  Indeed, it may prove to be
the greatest reality show ever made and I wouldn’t bet against Donald
winning. And I wouldn’t bet against him running as a third party candidate
either should he not get the Republican nomination.

My greater concern is that he would get bored being president and go off to
build a hotel in Macao.  But then, he wouldn’t be the first.  Obama seems
bored half the time — and the other half of the time he’s playing golf.

So, it’s been thirty-eight seconds.  How do I stand on The Donald now?
Up?  Down?  Sideways? In between?  Hedging my bets?  Eeny-meeny-miny-moe?…
Okay, yes.  He’s fine for now.

Tomorrow is, of course, another day.  And another scandal.

UPDATE:  *This is amusing*
<http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/21/rick-perrys-campaign-team-trolls-donald-trump-hard/>,
considering how The Donald has been dissing Rick Perry today….Who was it
who said “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds… “?   That
“*Self-Reliance*
<http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/353571-a-foolish-consistency-is-the-hobgoblin-of-little-minds-adored>”
guy. Onwards Trumpian soldiers!




__._,_.___
 ------------------------------
Posted by: "Beowulf" <[email protected]>
------------------------------


 Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/grendelreport/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOG1ucXNmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMTk0ODA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTMyMzY2NwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE0Mzc1ODI4NjE->


 [image: Yahoo! Groups]
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJlb3EyOWU2BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzIwMTk0ODA2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTMyMzY2NwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTQzNzU4Mjg2MQ-->
• Privacy <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> •
Unsubscribe <[email protected]?subject=Unsubscribe>
• Terms of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>

__,_._,___

-- 
-- 
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum

* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/  
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls. 
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to