**
Dr. Eowyn posted: "Do you remember a post I did last May about a ABC
newsman, erh, newswoman, erh, newsthingie, Don Ennis, who marched into the
ABC news office one day in full drag, wearing a little black dress and an
auburn wig, and declared that henceforth, his colleagues" Respond to
this post by replying above this line
New post on *Fellowship of the Minds*
<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/author/eowyn2/> From Don to Dawn
to Don: ABC newsman changes his mind,
again<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/from-don-to-dawn-to-don-abc-newsman-changes-his-mind-again/>
by
Dr. Eowyn <http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/author/eowyn2/>
Do you remember a
post<http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/guy_again_eKq3Jw6LjgsjpBdmZklrtM>I
did last May about a ABC newsman, erh, newswoman, erh, newsthingie,
*Don Ennis*, who marched into the ABC news office one day in full drag,
wearing a little black dress and an auburn wig, and declared that
henceforth, his colleagues must look upon and treat him as a woman names
Dawn?
Well, Don-Dawn-Don has changed his-her-its mind, again!
[image: the faces of Don
Ennis]<http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/the-faces-of-don-ennis.jpg>
*l to r: Don Ennis; Dawn Ennis; Don Ennis 2.0*
Tara Palmeri reports for the *New York
Post*<http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/guy_again_eKq3Jw6LjgsjpBdmZklrtM>
**, Aug. 6, 2013, that *Ennis now says *he suffered from a two-day bout of
amnesia that has made him realize *he wants to live his life again as Don.*
In an email he wrote to friends and colleagues last Friday, which was first
obtained by the website NewsBlues.com <http://www.newsblues.com/>, Ennis
wrote:
“I accused my wife of playing some kind of cruel joke, dressing me up in a
wig and bra and making fake ID’s with the name ‘Dawn’ on it. Seriously. It
became obvious this was not the case once I took off the bra — and
discovered two reasons I was wearing one [referring to his hormone-induced
breasts]. I thought it was 1999 . . . and I was sure as hell that I was a
man. Fortunately, my memories of the last 14 years have since returned. But
what did not return was my identity as Dawn.
I am writing to let you know I’m changing my name . . . to Don Ennis. That
will be my name again, now and forever. And it appears I’m not transgender
after all. I have retained the much different mind-set I had in 1999: I am
now totally, completely, unabashedly male in my mind, despite my physical
attributes. I’m asking all of you who accepted me as a transgender to now
understand: I was misdiagnosed. I am already using the men’s room and
dressing accordingly.
It’s so odd to be experiencing this from the other side; as recently as
last Friday, I felt I was indeed a woman, in my mind, body and soul. Even
though I will not wear the wig or the makeup or the skirts again, I promise
to remain a strong straight ally, a supporter of diversity and an advocate
for equal rights and other LGBT issues including same-sex marriage. I know
my wonderful colleagues will no doubt make it easier for the next person to
transition at ABC”
Ennis had previously told friends that he suspected his sex mix-up happened
because his mother had given him female hormones as a child that made him
look and sound young to prolong a bit-part acting career, but he ended up
developing breasts and started thinking he was a woman.
The startling he-to-she-back-to-he move came after Ennis had publicly
announced on Facebook in May that he was leaving his wife of 17 years,
Wendy, to become a full-time woman.
But Ennis has now assured friends and colleagues that his switch back to
being a man isn’t a joke. He wrote: “The new change I’m revealing to you
today did not arise because I couldn’t hack it, or people wouldn’t accept
the new/real/female ‘me,’ or I had trouble finding shoes that fit (Oh, I
found plenty, more than I could afford). [...] No, I’m not f--king with
you. No this is not a joke. No, this is not an episode of ‘Would You Fall
For That?’ ”
And that, boys and girls, is why Canadian psychiatrist Joseph Berger
says<https://www.google.com/search?q=Joseph+Berger%2C+psychiatrist+Toronto&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a>“scientifically
there is no such thing as transgender.”
*~Eowyn*
*Dr. Eowyn <http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/author/eowyn2/>* |
August 6, 2013 at 10:02 am | Tags: Don
Ennis<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?tag=don-ennis>,
gender confusion<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?tag=gender-confusion>,
Joseph Berger <http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?tag=joseph-berger>,
Transgender <http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?tag=transgender> |
Categories: Gays <http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?cat=35219924>,
Humor <http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?cat=376>,
Media<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/?cat=292>| URL:
http://wp.me/pKuKY-mP1
Comment<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/from-don-to-dawn-to-don-abc-newsman-changes-his-mind-again/#respond>
See all
comments<http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/from-don-to-dawn-to-don-abc-newsman-changes-his-mind-again/#comments>
Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage
Subscriptions<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=80d8873ee52adffe4e178d01c25562cf&email=goosepickles%40gmail.com>.
*Trouble clicking?* Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/from-don-to-dawn-to-don-abc-newsman-changes-his-mind-again/
Thanks for flying with WordPress.com <http://wordpress.com>
--
--
Thanks for being part of "PoliticalForum" at Google Groups.
For options & help see http://groups.google.com/group/PoliticalForum
* Visit our other community at http://www.PoliticalForum.com/
* It's active and moderated. Register and vote in our polls.
* Read the latest breaking news, and more.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"PoliticalForum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.