I know that more than a few Pollen users (Pollenizers?) use it as a front end
to LaTeX.

I don't use LaTeX in any deep way so I've not really considered the
Pollen–LaTeX interaction deeply.

OTOH it seems like:

1) There is a small set of recurring problems that arise with LaTeX, that could
maybe have common solutions.

2) if Pollen had better LaTeX support, I'm sure it would bring more mildly
dissatisfied LaTeX users* across to Pollen

[* in other words, all of them]

The question, which I can't really answer, is what form this should take. From
my dumb-person's understanding of LaTeX it would probably mean a set of
independent components:

+ a `pollen/latex` dialect that converts LaTeX into X-expressions?

+ a `pollen/template/latex` module that provides convenience functions for
converting X-expressions to LaTeX?

+ Obviously, Pollen/Racket would automatically add a lot of programmability to
LaTeX (no one seems to dispute that while LaTeX is programmable, it should
never actually be programmed).

+ As I show in the fourth tutorial, it's already possible to use the project
server to generate LaTeX PDF previews. [1]

+ Though I've been reluctant to put self-contained templates into Pollen, I
also recognize that a huge number of LaTeX users just rely on those six default
templates that it's had since 1979 or whatever. So it would make sense to make
it easy to use those templates in Pollen (though maybe that's better put into a
separate add-on library, so that my philosophical purity is preserved.**

[** No. The real reason I've avoided putting readymade templates in Pollen is
because I don't want to attract people who really want a turnkey system like
Squarespace or WordPress.]

+ What else? And is it worth doing?

[1]
http://docs.racket-lang.org/pollen/fourth-tutorial.html#%28part._.Adding_support_for_.P.D.F_output%29