I think I might have hit a bug in racket serve/servlet. The actual blocking
point is the pollen get-source. It runs only half way through for certain
js files (it detects markup, markdown, and are blocked before
null-source/scribble-source/...), and running get-source alone never had
the issue.

I am happy with the current status. So if later I get into the problem
again, I'll just post in racket users. Thanks for the reply.