I’ve been looking at this just a little bit. I’m really excited that it’s
moving along.

>From what I understand Quad/Quadwriter at this stage seems sort of
analagous to TeX, which is kind of a low-level typesetting language that
lets you plunk down individual text blocks on a page. (I have never tried
learning TeX so I might be wrong about this)

Then in the TeX world LaTeX is a system of macros on top of TeX that let
you more easily do higher-level typesetting tasks like adding different
page headers/footers on recto/verso pages, automatic page numbering in
various styles, set footnotes/endnotes, generate a table of contents or
keyword index, etc.

Of course, those are the tasks I’m interested in eventually using Quad for.
I’m hoping a Quad community will coalesce to write our own LaTeX equivalent
packages.

Meanwhile for starters I’d just love to read more documentation about
Q-expressions and some kind of module reference.

Very exciting!