She entered the sitting room and left the door open.  She tilted her head to the side as he turned away from the shelf and the pictures there and regarded her coolly.
 
She glanced at the pictures and barely hid her reactionary expression when she saw that the pictures there were of the people here at the House.... especially Kat and Rachel.
 
"We're good to go." She said by way of telling him it was time to get started, pointing her thumb back the way she had come "We can use the back yard without having to worry about getting in anyone's way."
 
He crossed his arms and looked at her clothes "Well, at least your dressed properly."  For a beating, he quietly thought to himself but wouldn't let it show in his expression.
 
Just then Rachel walked into the sitting room and greeted the both of them, closing the manila folder she had been reading "Hope I'm not late?"
 
Julia raised an eyebrow and Rachel explained why she was there.
 
"Part of the process is a physical and it just so happens," Rachel indicated the folder she had "I did the preliminaries while I was taking the other tests.  Did I hear we're going out on the lawn?"
 
She looked at the two curiously, waiting for the answer.
 
"Why yes, we are." Mitchell answered easily, going to her and holding out his hand for the folder "Care to join us?"
 
Julia slipped Rachel a questioning look to make sure she really did want to be in on this and not feeling like she had to.
 
Rachel gave him the folder and motioned for them to leave "Well I'll stay on the porch and watch if you don't mind.  I've never seen a testing on a Legacy member and would like to be on hand just in case scrapes need to be tended to."
 
Mitchell nodded once and motioned for Julia to lead the way.
 
She did, slipping her arm into Rachel's and walking out, leaving Mitchell to walk alone and behind.
 
"You okay with this?" She whispered to her as they walked, going out the back way and out into the back yard.
 
Rachel patted her arm "I'm fine." 
 
Then she looked back at Mitchell and pointed to the nearby seat and table "I'll be here you two.  Going to slip inside for a moment to get some breakfast but I'll be right back.  Maybe try some of those pancakes Kat flipped."
 
She winked at Julia "And good luck."
 
Mitchell took his jacket off and rolled up his sleeves as he walked out on to the grassy part of the yard, clear from the bushes closer to the house and an open area that looked like it would work for what he intended.  He moved his head from one side to the other, small sounds of bones and joints popping as he warmed up and turned to where Julia was standing "Let's get this over with."
 
Julia pulled the towel from around her neck and dropped it nearby as she stood and stretched her leg, one after the other, behind her, then stretched out her arms, each side and over each shoulder "Ready when you are."
 
His lips twitched minutely as he went into position and brushed his finger against his nose.
 
Julia barely had time to raise her arms as, suddenly, he kicked out and tried to connect his foot with her shoulder.
 
It was on.

Reply via email to