Derek pointed to the two nearby "I'll go speak with her but.. make sure
Julia's alright?  With you and Nick she has to see none of this is her
fault."  He met and kept Alex's gaze for a long moment "I know she or her
return aren't involved.  He could use how she's feeling against her."

With that he got up to leave, patting her on the shoulder as he went.

Alex managed a grim, but sincere smile.  "I know, I'll do my best," she
promised.  Julia feeling guilty about the situation was the lsat thing Alex
wanted.  Out of this entire mess, Julia was the only good thing to come out
of it and she wouldn't trade her friend for anything.  The voice mail in
Mitchell's room picked up and Alex disconnected the phone.  There was no
point in leaving a message.

She stood and moved over to Julia's sid giving her friend a warm hug.
"Everything's going to be fine you know.  We're all together again and
there's nothing stronger than this team when it's united."

Alex


Reply via email to