"You can teach me anything you want to" Nick added with a smile and then looked to the rest of them. "So are we ready to go" he asked getting up moaning in the process.
 
 
Julia chuckled and helped him up.  She had been talking to Philip but Nick's answer had been too cute.  She put her arms around his waist, taking extra special care not to hurt his ribs as they got to the wheelchair and he sat in it.
 
"No popping wheelies you two." she teased both Derek and Nick before giving Nick a quick kiss and wink "And we'll catch up as soon as we go raid the candy jar."
 
"Party pooper." Derek mumbled before looking up at the orderly pushing his chair "Don't suppose I could bribe you into beating this guy's wheel chair to the car?"
 
"Oh god, he's doped up." Julia turned to the others and half whispered, laughing at Derek's behavior.
 
Derek didn't correct her, had in fact felt a kind of tension from Kat and Julia that they were both trying hard to play down, and thought a good distraction was in order.  After all, how often did one of them see him acting..... odd?
 
The orderly looked at Julia and shook his head "Sorry, but I learned a long time ago from my wife, never bet against a woman's orders."
 
With that the two men were pushed off and Julia was left alone with Patrick and Kat.
 
She looked at them both and wondered who was going to go first before sighing and sitting down on the chair next to her.
 
She counted to three and steeled herself before looking up at Kat, her gaze showing how troubled she felt at the prospect of how she thought Kat felt about her "I'm sorry, Kat.  I'm sorry I lost your trust...I'd never want to hurt you but I know Mitchel did something that's made you afraid of me again...."

Reply via email to