This is probably the most polymer your demo can be...

note: I fixed the imports to use polygit and removed your search button
completely....

This can probably be more efficient, I needed a distraction from work so I
tweaked things for you ;)

http://plnkr.co/edit/Qzky7tpvGjNXu8Tt77hw?p=preview

-Karl Tiedt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/CADNgbTEXSQ2-O3h299_%2BbAgGMxZztBSqv5y1VF-eKENepELgRg%40mail.gmail.com.