The whole point of Web Components is to prevent global styles from
infringing on your components... you would basically need to include the
CSS in every component similar to how the style-modules of 2.x did...

-Karl Tiedt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/CADNgbTHGdzr1ZWSYZeYVuYteQbkT31mpRE4VxiYYaTJ1KjRDBg%40mail.gmail.com.