There is another problem, you can not have Hot Module Replacement working
with web components because calling customElements.define('my-element',
MyElement); second time will result in an error, rather than show updated
component view.
This is a deal killer for many developers.
import MyElement from "../test-component";

customElements.define('my-element', MyElement);

if (module.hot) {
   module.hot.accept('../test-component', function() {
       console.log('Accepting the updated testComponent module!');
       customElements.define('my-element', MyElement);
   });
}

On Monday, November 17, 2014 at 10:47:15 PM UTC+2, pie....@gmail.com wrote:

> I have looked into Polymer a lot and plan to start a small project with it
> soon.
> However, I'm really concerned with testing as I would like to build my
> components
> by the FIRST principle http://www.addyosmani.com/firs/index.html. While
> Polymer seem to solve the first four (Focused, Independent, Reusable,
> Small)
> very good but it seems to struggle with the last one (Testable).
>
> While web-component-tester provides a way of unit-testing components it
> doesn't
> seem to provide the answer to Mocking and thus very much limits the
> testability
> of components.
>
> Mocking HTTP, Websocket, Geolocation and similar is crucial but it would
> also
> be very good to be able to mock sub components so that tests of components
> that composit other components doesn't become integration tests.
>
> Is there anything I have missed or is this a missing part in Polymer and
> Web Components?

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
"Polymer" group.
to polymer-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/6cfdcf25-ba90-46f8-afcc-848ad09864a6%40googlegroups.com.