On 10/08/12 14:52, Phil Clayton wrote:
On 10/08/12 09:51, David Matthews wrote:
I think it would probably be a good idea to add a range of conversions
with and without explicit lengths, e.g. UINT64, LONGLONG and also
possibly INT_PTR and UINT_PTR.

Yes, that does sound good.

I have found the following tables on the MLton website useful:
http://mlton.org/ForeignFunctionInterfaceTypes
(I'm not sure that there is any need to distinguish between an implicit
and explicit signed qualifier though.)

Actually, regarding char, the C99 standard states:

The implementation shall define char to have the same range, representation, and behaviour as either signed char or unsigned char.

So CHAR, SCHAR and UCHAR would make sense.

Phil