I have a couple of comments and a query about polyc (which seemed particularly
attractive
on Cygwin, where there seems to be quite a long list of libraries you need to
know
about if you are going to call the linker directly).

The comment is that the help text is a bit misleading as it has more
functionality
than just compiling and linking a source file, e.g., you can pass it the name of
an object file and it will link it with libpolymain and libpolyml.

The query relates to the fact that polyc doesn’t do anything with LD_RUN_PATH
(or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac OS).  Am I right in thinking that libpolyml
will now always be statically linked so that you no longer to need to tell the
dynamic linker where to find it? (For Poly/ML versions 5.5 and earlier
the ProofPower makefiles that I am updating used to create an executable
that linked libpolyml dynamically.)

Regards,

Rob.