On 27/08/2015 07:33, Artella Coding wrote:
Hi, so I reinstalled with i686-4.9.3-win32-dwarf-rt_v4-rev0 and used the
appropriate CPPFLAGS, and this time everything went fine (i.e. make, make
compiler, and make install worked fine without error)

But now if I create a "hello.ml" with the contents :

fun main () = print "Hello World\n";

and compile it with "polyc" I get the following error :

$ polyc hello.ml
Exception- SysErr ... raised

Do you know what might be going wrong?

This was something else I discovered and mentioned in a private email to Makarius. There's a problem, hopefully temporary, with compiling and linking in a single step. The "polyc" script creates the name of a temporary file and passes it to "poly" as the file name to use when exporting the compiled source. Unfortunately it uses a name of the form "/tmp/polyobj.1234.obj" and "poly", being a Windows executable, doesn't understand "/tmp" and chokes. The work-around is to do the compilation in two steps:
polyc -c hello.ml
polyc hello.obj

David