That's good to know, thanks. I'm guessing this has a runtime dependency
on other Cygwin or WSL libraries and can't easily be distributed
standalone?

I'm primarily wondering what is the most minimal possible installation
that I can ask a Windows user (who probably starts without either Cygwin
or WSL installed) to make, in order to make use of a script that happens
to involve running an SML program. For this purpose it doesn't actually
have to be a REPL, though that would be nice to have generally. Just
running a program and presenting the output would be enough.

Chris