On 19/05/2019 18:43, Makarius wrote:
On 19/05/2019 17:46, Matthew Fernandez wrote:

If I understand the version numbering correctly, those MinGW versions are
derived from GCC 4.9.3 which supports C++11.

Such claims of supporting certain standards are rarely accurate. It
usually takes years to make things really work. See also this reply on
the old thread:
http://lists.inf.ed.ac.uk/pipermail/polyml/2017-December/002139.html

I am all for bumping up that old MinGW build environment, but it is up
to David Matthews to do something about it, or leave the status-quo
unchanged.

Actually, it looks as though I am currently using GCC 5.1.0 on Msys2 and that seems to work fine. I think things have stabilised since I wrote the original instructions for installing Msys2/Mingw.

David