On 17 Jan 2022, at 21:54, David Matthews <david.matth...@prolingua.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the polyml package in Debian and Ubuntu?  It
> seems that the currently packaged version is still 5.7.1.  I've seen a couple
> of bug reports that have turned out to be issues that have long since been
> fixed.  I'm quite happy to have Poly/ML packaged for distributions but if
> they get out of date then they become a problem.

I’m the maintainer of the package; I uploaded 5.8.1 a while back to
experimental but it failed on a few architectures[1] and I never had the time
to dig into the issues, or see if they’ve since been fixed in 5.8.2 or 5.9. It
also coincided with having a temporary laptop that wasn’t sufficiently powerful
to have a meaningful Debian VM installed, but as of a couple of weeks ago
that’s changed and I have a Debian VM again (getting back to polyml was one of
the things that was on my mind when setting it up). I don’t know when I’ll have
a chance to look at updating the package though, my PhD work is keeping me
pretty busy, but hopefully an evening or weekend relatively soon.

Jess

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=polyml&suite=experimental