Update

The centenarian cardinal has died aged 101 on Feb 4 2005.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apeurope_story.asp?category=1103&slug=Obit%20Bafile

http://tinyurl.com/5qg9t

Friday, February 4, 2005 · Last updated 12:11 p.m. PT

Italian Cardinal Bafile dies at 101

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

        Italian Cardinal Corrado Bafile seen in this undated file photo.
Bafile, at 101 the oldest member of the College of Cardinals, has died in a
Rome hospital, the Vatican said Friday Feb. 4, 2005. The Vatican did not give
the cause of death, but news reports said he died from complications of
influenza. (AP Photo/File)

VATICAN CITY -- Italian Cardinal Corrado Bafile, at 101 the oldest member of
the College of Cardinals, has died in a Rome hospital, the Vatican said.

The Vatican did not give the cause of death, but news reports said he died from
complications of influenza.

Bafile served for 15 years as papal envoy to Germany until he returned to the
Vatican in 1975 to head the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. Pope Paul VI
elevated him to cardinal the following year.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger will celebrate a funeral Mass for Bafile on Saturday
in St. Peter's Basilica.

Pope John Paul II, who was hospitalized for respiratory problems and flu
earlier this week, is continuing to improve, the Vatican said Friday.
***

That makes the Conclave of '78 reunion down to 13 including JP2 himself down
form over 111. 9 who are over 80 and too old to vote, 3 - Willaim Baum, Joseph
Rattzinger and Jamie Sin who can sitll vote and the pontiff himself.

--- In Pope-John-Paul-II@yahoogroups.com, "meteorite_debris" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.vatican.va/news_services/press/documentazione/documents/cardinali_statistiche/cardinali_statistiche_eta_it.html
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5zysy
>
> This page on the Vatican site (in Italian but you can make it out with
> only common sense and with no Italian) is a list of all caedinals. Only 3
> elcting cardinals were created by Paul VI and 10 who are too old to vote.
> Underlined (sottolineati) means cardinals created by Paul VI (Cardinali
> creati da Paolo VI:) and with asterisk (con asterisco)* mean cardinal elector
> (Cardinali elettori).
>
> So the next pope is likely to be very conservative.

Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O2aXmA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/wpWolB/TM

"[M]y ministry is that of servus servorum Dei."
--Pope John Paul II (Ut Unum Sint, no. 88)

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the powers of death
shall not prevail against it."
--Matthew 16:18
Yahoo! Groups Links