http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L30631083.htm

Text of Vatican statement on Pope's health
30 Mar 2005 12:56:17 GMT

Source: Reuters

VATICAN CITY, March 30 (Reuters) - Following is the
text of the statement on Pope John Paul's health
issued by Vatican on Wednesday by spokesman Joaquin
Navarro-Valls. The statement was issued in Italian and
translated into English by Reuters.

"The Holy Father continues his slow and progressive
convalescence.

The Pope is spending many hours of the day in an
armchair, he celebrates Holy Mass in his private
chapel and is in working contact with his aides,
directly following the activity of the Holy See and
the Church.

To improve his calorific intake and promote an
efficient recovery of his strength, nutrition via the
positioning of a nasal-gastric tube has begun.

Public audiences still remain suspended.

Health assistance is provided by the personnel of the
Health and Hygiene Department of Vatican City under
the direction of Doctor Renato Buzzonetti, personal
doctor of the Holy Father.

Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/wpWolB/TM

"[M]y ministry is that of servus servorum Dei."
--Pope John Paul II (Ut Unum Sint, no. 88)

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the powers of death
shall not prevail against it."
--Matthew 16:18
Yahoo! Groups Links