some prior history first
---------
I have an URGENT Prayer request.
On Jan. 12, 2007 at 9:15AM Central time, my eldest daughter, Connie,
gave birth to my grandson Christian. He was 3 months pre-mature. He
was delivered by C-Section and is presently in ICU.
They live in Knoxville, Tennessee.
they are at St. Mary's Hospital
Please pray for them and the entire family.
On behalf of all of my family, I am thanking you in advance for all
the prayers.
GOD'S Will Be Done!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on us!
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!
St. Joseph, pray for us!
---------
Christian was born at 30 weeks gestation
was 3 pounds 1 ounce
was 15 1/2 inches long
has been on a respirator only part of the day and night
is looking around
is under the light for jaundice
my daughter's milk is starting to come - she has been shown how to
pump - so he might be able to start feeding soon
her stitches will come out before she is released on Tuesday, Jan. 16
he obviously will be staying much longer

technically he is my second grandchild - the first one (also a boy),
my son's girlfriend aborted almost 2 years ago.

---------
he is still in ICU and fighting 2 infections, but the important thing
is he is FIGHTING
I was told that he has gained some weight and that is also good
after the initial weight loss from 3 pounds 1 ounce to 2 pounds 12
ounces, he now weighs 3 pounds 4 ounces
will send more updates when I get them
again thanks for all the prayers and best wishes for him and the rest
of my family
---------
just got another update on my grandson, Christian (02-05-07)

he is still in ICU - transferred to the Univ. of TN Neo-natal ICU
no longer fighting infections - all are gone
no longer has any IVs - just monitors for heart beat, blood pressure,
feeding tube, and breathing
his blood oxygen is checked once an hour - down from twice and hour -
and it has consistently been in the upper normal range (59-61)
is using a CPAP - no longer a respirator for his breathing
he now weighs 3 pounds 7.8 ounces
he is now 16 1/2 inches long
his daily "food" intake is 12+ ounces
no longer under the light for jaundice

last night after his bath - first time he is actually wearing some
baby clothes
he is very active and responsive

All news is very good indeed.
will send more updates when I get them
again thanks for all the prayers and best wishes for him and the rest
of my family
GOD'S Will Be Done!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on us!
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!
St. Joseph, pray for us!

---------

"[M]y ministry is that of servus servorum Dei."
--Pope John Paul II (Ut Unum Sint, no. 88)

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the powers of death
shall not prevail against it."
--Matthew 16:18
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: