To my family and friends, blessings and best wishes on this Solemnity of
All Saints:

In the spirit of honoring Christ in the communion of believers through the
communion of saints (to whom we are all connected), I'd thought I share
some short yet poignant insights I came across in a back issue of St.
Anthony Messenger Press' "Catholic Update" regarding the gifted-vision of
the saints for the third millenium of the Church.  The article of the
aforementioned back issue, entitled "SAINTS: Holy and Human" by Michael D.
Guinan, O.F.M., contains a short section on "Six Saints for the New
Millennium" (see
http://www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac1098.asp#F1 ) and their
gifts for the Church of the new millenium, which are adapted and cited
below...

-From St. Francis of Assisi: "Francis' love and respect for all of
creation, as well as his example as peacemaker."

-From St. Martin de Porres: "Martin's example of universal love. He is the
patron saint of interracial justice and harmony. He inspires the Church to
open the ranks of sainthood to a wider ethnic diversity."

-From Pope Bl. John XXIII: "John's confidence in the Spirit, evidenced by
his calling the Second Vatican Council."

-From St. Catherine of Siena: "Catherine's skills of conciliation among
groups."

-From St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: "Elizabeth Ann's witness to an authentic
American spirituality in a land where temporal prosperity threatens to
extinguish it."

-From Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta: "Teresa's special love and care for
'the poorest of the poor.'"

Pax Vobiscum,
Ryan Ignatius Pratt

"In essentials, unity; in doubtful matters, liberty; in all things, charity."
--Pope Bl. John XXIII

"Inside each of you is a hero.  And so I leave, knowing that a world full of
heroes has nothing to fear."
--Superman

http://mail.yahoo.com

"[M]y ministry is that of servus servorum Dei."
--Pope John Paul II (Ut Unum Sint, no. 88)

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the powers of death
shall not prevail against it."
--Matthew 16:18
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: