On Sun, 15 Mar 2026 01:51:50 +0100, izzy Meyer <[email protected]> wrote: > > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>] > Hello ports@ > > Here's a port I've been working on for a while that might be useful for > the gamers of us. (copying Thomas here since IK he uses discord from > discussions on #openbsd-gaming in libera.chat). I feel I've gotten it > to a fairly clean and usable state. > > abaddon is a native discord client written in c++ and gtk+3 that runs > pretty nicely on OpenBSD among other unixen and non-unixen. Since we > don't have electron anymore, this port might be the only way to get to > Discord outside of say, the web client. Unfortunately, a lot of open > source communities, not just gamer-oriented ones, still use this > proprietary platform. This port provides a native way for us to access > discord and communicate with these communities. > > Its pretty KISS in terms of user-facing interface stuff, and its > configured by an .ini file documented in the pkg/README (kind of) and > the HOMEPAGE. > > This port isn't of super high importance to me, but I figured I'd shoot > it off to this list to get testers and technical opinions on the port > before the usual 2 OKs and import process. > > I tested on amd64/-current and i386/-current. More architecture testing > would be appreciated. >
Thanks for the port. Some unexpected folks uses discords, for example scala community. Really. So, I'm looking to use it :) Not sure that CAUTION section in readme is good, it scary a bit. QR-code login works and in general chat working. I OK to import it. -- wbr, Kirill
