that's a reasonable way to do it, I have similar for librenms. does it
actually need the -rf? if just -f is enough I'd prefer to just use that.
also needs REVISION.
--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
On 12 April 2026 14:44:27 Chaz Kettleson <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,
During package upgrade, if the cache directory is not cleared, when
updating it will use the old runtime jars from previous version. This
patch works but I'm not sure if it's idiomatic.
OK?
--
Chaz
diff --git a/misc/openhab/4/pkg/PLIST b/misc/openhab/4/pkg/PLIST
index 8118621cdab..7099c176ce5 100644
--- a/misc/openhab/4/pkg/PLIST
+++ b/misc/openhab/4/pkg/PLIST
@@ -1330,6 +1330,8 @@ share/examples/openhab/userdata/etc/
@owner _openhab
@group _openhab
@sample /var/db/openhab/
+@exec rm -rf /var/db/openhab/cache/*
+@sample /var/db/openhab/cache/
@sample /var/db/openhab/etc/
@owner
@group
diff --git a/misc/openhab/5/pkg/PLIST b/misc/openhab/5/pkg/PLIST
index 9779fd2884e..c216f5764e2 100644
--- a/misc/openhab/5/pkg/PLIST
+++ b/misc/openhab/5/pkg/PLIST
@@ -1344,6 +1344,8 @@ share/examples/openhab/userdata/etc/
@owner _openhab
@group _openhab
@sample /var/db/openhab/
+@exec rm -rf /var/db/openhab/cache/*
+@sample /var/db/openhab/cache/
@sample /var/db/openhab/etc/
@owner
@group