Hi Paco, Hi Martijn,

this is a good catch! I'm happy that's imported already.

Hopefully this gets into next release as I too think its important not
to ship Gajim with broken OMEMO group chats. 

 
> On 4/16/26 8:52 AM, Paco Esteban wrote:
> > Hi ports,
> > 
> > matijn@ found an issue with Gajim's group chats when OMEMO
> > encryption is enabled, where it asked for approval of the group
> > participants keys, but it did not present the list of keys to
> > approve.  So you could not send encrypted messages to group chats.
> > 
> > After some debugging, seems this is simply because we're using an
> > older version of security/py-omemo-dr.
> > Once that's updated, everything works as expected.
> > 
> > Lightly tested by martijn and me.
> > 
> > I put gajim's maintainer in cc so they're aware of this.
> > 
> > Not sure if you folks want to have this in before release or it's
> > already too late.  I would say yes because this can affect the many
> > many millions of OpenBSD xmpp users ...
> > 
> > Now being more serious, just let me know if this is ok before or
> > after release.
> > 
> > Cheers,
> > paco.
> > 
> >This also fixes the issue in my private chats. Without looking any
> deeper into the port than just the diff: OK martijn@
> 
> Can't tell you anything about the timing, but I agree that shipping
> with a broken gajim would be a shame.



-- 
greetings,

Florian Viehweger

Reply via email to