On 4/18/26 2:30 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2026/04/18 14:00, Volker Schlecht wrote:
On 4/18/26 11:43 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2026/04/17 21:33, Volker Schlecht wrote:
FWIW: It's CVE-2025-53367
Unbuntu has the best writeup I could find in 2 minutes:
https://ubuntu.com/security/CVE-2025-53367
"This issue has been patched in version 3.5.29."
I'm not seeing anything that looks particularly worrying in the
3.5.28->3.5.29 diff, and there are some other improvements we don't
have in patches, want to give this a spin?
Had that (sans AUTOCONF_VERSION) in my list of diffs for after release :-)
Yesterday I shied back from confirming that some of the patches fixing
security issues and which still apply, are all covered in 3.5.29
Everything built ok, btw.
The CVE numbers listed in the comments in old patches are listed as
being fixed in 3.5.29, though I see the DjVuPort.{cpp,h} changes are
not present upstream (and still carried in patches in Debian).
However if I try the PoC from
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1943411
with any of (3.5.28 with current patches, 3.5.29 as sent, 3.5.29 with
DjVuPort patches reinstated) I get the same:
ddjvu: [1-12517] Malformed INCL chunk. Slashes, backslashes, or colons are not
allowed.
ddjvu: Unexpected End Of File.
ddjvu: Cannot decode document.
It seems they didn't include all the patches verbatim, see comments here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/djvu/djvulibre-git/ci/cd8b5c97b27a5c1dc83046498b6ca49ad20aa9b6/