pcsx2 on openbsd would be pretty dope. w^x though?
Am 19.07.26 um 08:36 schrieb [email protected]:
På onsdag 8. juli 2026 kl. 02:19, skrev Matthew <[email protected]>:On 06/22/26 01:26PM, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:Thanks for submitting this, and sorry it took so long for a response. Some comments: - Missing dep on graphics/shaderc. - USE_WXNEEDED and USE_NOBTCFI need a comment explaining what the problem is. And bug reports should be filed upstream so they know that there's interest in JITs that use branch target instructions and W^X memory. - This port would definitely benefit from enabling debug packages. - License marker should say "GPLv3 only" or "GPLv3+" rather than "GPLv3". Ditto for LGPLv3. - stdlib.h is the only header for malloc() and alloca() on Unix systems. The #ifdef blocks in pcsx2/GS/Renderers/HW/GSTextureCache.cpp and common/VectorIntrin.h should be replaced entirely upstream with just #include <stdlib.h>. - 3rdparty/rapidyaml/include/c4/yml/common.hpp should be upstreamed as: #if defined(C4_MSVC) || defined(C4_MINGW) || defined(_WIN32) || defined(C4_WIN) #include <malloc.h> #else #include <stdlib.h> #endif - pcsx2/Host/AudioStream.cpp seems wrong, /usr/local/include/soundtouch should be added to the include path with pkg-config. - Not really important, but please sort BUILD_DEPENDS and LIB_DEPENDS. I've built and started the program, but haven't tried any emulation. But overall the port looks good to me.Thank you for your help. I have attached the port with changes to address your comments. A couple notes on the changes: - I think I mistakenly put in USE_NOBTCFI, so that is gone. - For the license marker, it now has GPLv3+, which is the license for PCSX2 itself, and a list of licenses from vendored code. I get crashes occasionally when resizing the window while emulating, but otherwise it seems to run well. Thanks, MatthewI thought I had responded to this, sorry for the wait. Built/tested on current/amd64 with privsep. I built this before the 80-beta snapshots, so I rebuilt it for reassurance. // Built again $ cd /usr/ports/emulators/pcsx2/ && make clean=all clean && make build package test ; make port-lib-depends-check check-shlib-syms && make clean && make distclean ===> Regression tests for pcsx2-2.6.3 UpdateCTestConfiguration from :/usr/ports/pobj/pcsx2-2.6.3/build-amd64/DartConfiguration.tcl Test project /usr/ports/pobj/pcsx2-2.6.3/build-amd64 Constructing a list of tests Updating test list for fixtures Added 0 tests to meet fixture requirements Checking test dependency graph... Checking test dependency graph end No tests were found!!! LIB_DEPENDS wayland/libinput-openbsd not needed for devel/sdl3 ? -- // Reinstalled # TRUSTED_PKG_PATH=/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/ pkg_add -Dsnap -Dinstalled -r pcsx2 pcsx2-2.6.3->2.6.3: ok -- Maybe do '-DWAYLAND_API=ON' instead? Since qt6 enables/needs wayland out of the box and the application will default to --platform wayland whether disabled at the program build time or not, I think keeping wayland on in config flags is better for continued testing. Upstream sdl3, qt6, and others are wayland/X11 by default. Your and the ports devs decision regardless. Used it on sway, but like citra, dolphin-emu, obs-studio and other qt6 ports that need gl acceleration, it will need a '--platform xcb' to run on wayland with xwayland and therefore gl acceleration. Some applications can do slow software acceleration like dolphin-emu in wayland native. I should ask @landry if their patch to stop explicitly disabling wayland in base sets is the same and/or if that gets gl acceleration working. https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=176304756414309&w=2 Good to have this as building citra broke in current after llvm19 was retired, but can still use old binary for now. Played a bit a few weeks ago and did another light gander of Cowboy Bebop with this last rebuild. Bit slow on my laptop, but playable-ish. No spelling/grammer issues. Maybe spacing nits in the WANTLIB area. Looks fine here on intel Sandybridge on sway, but using xwayland with '--platform xcb' as the graphics stack is missing gl acceleration on OpenBSD's wayland graphic stack the moment. Hope this helps. Thanks for the port again. May you have success and a cool one. -- yaydn
-- Company director, Minifree Ltd Registered in England, No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462 Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK
OpenPGP_0x5C654067D383B1FF.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key
OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
