On Sun, Aug 9, 2026 at 10:02 AM Caspar Schutijser <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Aug 08, 2026 at 04:30:23PM -0700, patrick keshishian wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 27, 2025 at 9:06 AM Caspar Schutijser <[email protected]> 
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mon, Dec 22, 2025 at 04:42:06PM +0100, Caspar Schutijser wrote:
> > > > On Fri, Dec 19, 2025 at 01:55:32PM +0100, Tim van der Molen wrote:
> > > > > > > > 7.7 ATM. I will try to update to -current this coming week.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Sorry for the long delay. Took me longer to move to -current than
> > > > > > > I had anticipated.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I can confirm that the issue of the file-chooser window size
> > > > > > > does not exist in -current, as you mentioned.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I just wanted to point out that the file-chooser window size
> > > > > > issue seems to have returned.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > At least the last two updates I've done (sysupgrade -s followed
> > > > > > by pkg_add -u)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Currently running:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 7.8-current (GENERIC.MP) #155: Mon Dec 15 10:01:15 MST 2025
> > > > > >
> > > > > > $ pkg_info | grep tor- | cut -d ' ' -f1
> > > > > > tor-0.4.8.21
> > > > > > tor-browser-15.0.3
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Not a huge deal, as I'm not relying on tor-browser, but thought
> > > > > > it was worth mentioning.
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm also seeing this. It started after the latest tor-browser update.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for the heads-up. I see it with 15.0.3 too. I'll now build the
> > > > previous version (15.0.1) again to see whether the problem indeed does
> > > > not appear with that version. If so, I'll see if I can spot anything
> > > > in the diff between 15.0.1 and 15.0.3.
> > >
> > > 15.0.1 also shows the problematic behavior with the file chooser dialog
> > > on my system. Just to be sure, I had a brief look at the diff between
> > > 15.0.1 and 15.0.3 (which is bigger than one would expect) but I didn't
> > > immediately spot a change that would be obviously responsible in there.
> > > So not sure what is going on.
> > >
> > > I now doubt it is really caused by a code change between 15.0.1
> > > and 15.0.3. Rather, I think "something else" causes this behavior,
> > > and we were just lucky that the behavior was gone for a while.
> > >
> > > Not sure when I have time for this, but I plan to dig around in
> > > the diff between Tor Browser 15.0.3 and the corresponding
> > > Firefox version, and see if I can find out if there is
> > > a change that upstream made to Firefox that could be the cause.
> > >
> > > If someone is willing to help, that would be appreciated. Here are some
> > > pointers:
> > > $ git clone 
> > > https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser.git # Warning, 
> > > big repository
> > > $ git log|shortlog|diff 
> > > FIREFOX_140_6_0esr_BUILD1..tor-browser-140.6.0esr-15.0-1-build5
> > >
> > > If people have other ideas for where to look, that would be appreciated
> > > too.
> > >
> > > Caspar
> >
> > The file-chooser window problem has been persistent for some time now.
> > [...]
>
> As it happens, I just committed a fix. A user who goes by c2qd
> identified the issue and proposed a fix. So it should finally be
> fixed now.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.
--patrick

> Caspar
>

Reply via email to