Thanks. Using this, I was able to reproduce bR-VI2yqTky87DcaKP4BRQ which you used for 154.0.1.

So you see the tag there, then check just below. It shows the commit next to that tag on "No bug - Tagging", then I see the corresponding commit ID below, and I see bgpo.

Now let's try 155.0. I see:

No bug - Tagging 21a0961191033207dc167b842f6c251f337b0e54 with FIREFOX_155_0_BUILD1 a=tagging CLOSED TREE DONTBUILD

Then I see:

cNOKkWdaQfOqEzllBpy9Rw

I found this independently, using the information you gave me. So I assume this is the correct ID.

I will send the updated 155.0-1 patch momentarily, with PGO data enabled.


Am 01.09.26 um 10:24 schrieb [email protected]:
Le Tue, Sep 01, 2026 at 09:49:15AM +0100, Leah Rowe a écrit :
hi everyone,

here is the new librewolf version, 155.0-1. i'm building it at the moment.

please note that this is not ready to merge even if it builds, as firefox
has not yet released binaries for 155.0 as i write this, and that means they
don't have profdata; see patch. my patch enables use of profdata, though the
relevant bit is currently commented. this follows my other patch i sent
yesterday, that enables profdata for librewolf, reusing PGO data provided by
firefox.

i'll send an amended version of this patch later, with PGO enabled and the
corresponding profdata added to distinfo

Landry:

Can you tell me how you find the task ID on mozilla's CI server? i couldn't
figure out how to do it. use 154.0.1 as an example. for firefox 154.0.1 you
have:

MOZILLA_PROFDATA_TASKID =    bR-VI2yqTky87DcaKP4BRQ

How do I find this?
https://treeherder.mozilla.org/jobs?repo=mozilla-release

find the entry that has "No bug - Tagging
21a0961191033207dc167b842f6c251f337b0e54 with FIREFOX_155_0_BUILD1
a=tagging CLOSED TREE DONTBUILD" (BUILD1 = rc1)

find the entry with the matching commit hash

select in the "Linux shippable" list the "Bpgo" in green, uncollapse it
by clicking on +4, select 'run'

that opens a bottom pane, the id is the one next to 'Task', eg for 155.0
that'll be cNOKkWdaQfOqEzllBpy9Rw

or just follow the release branch on
https://cgit.rhaalovely.net/?action=briefs&headref=release&path=mozilla-firefox
- the htpasswd is here to protect from scrapers, but the l/p is easy to
   guess if you curl -v the fqdn, and grep WWW-Auth to see the challenge.

so mozilla has released 155.0 source. on what tag is this based? i couldn't
yet see a release tag in their vcs, corresponding to FIREFOX_155_0_RELEASE
the hg tag is pushed to the repo once the update is made available (eg
LATEST_FIREFOX_VERSION is updated in
https://product-details.mozilla.org/1.0/firefox_versions.json)

treeherder is the CI doing the work and showing the build progress.

maybe they have it locally and just didn't commit yet, but released the
tarball. librewolf doesn't use the tags/commits, as they just patch mozilla
release tarballs.
when the src tarball is pushed to the mirrors, i know the rcX has been made
'final'. once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's hard to put it
back..

--
Company director, Minifree Ltd
Registered in England, No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK

Attachment: OpenPGP_0x5C654067D383B1FF.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key

Attachment: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to