once i'm done unifying firefox/firefox-esr/librewolf, i'm probably going to target tor-browser as well.
OpenBSD has like five different versions of the same port. It seems to me that all will be more maintainable overall if they all use the same setup, with each individual port only altering what it needs. It's the same concept behind www/mozilla, but for browsers, hence my addition (in the WIP patch) of www/mozilla-browser
I spoke of it before, and this WIP is exactly what I had in mind. It's building as we speak, and will probably even run fine. I'm testing librewolf first. Then I'll build and run firefox.
I need to more thoroughly audit and test everything before I'm happy for it to be merged, because this is a highly invasive change and as I write this, it represents about an hour of work.
Am 02.09.26 um 07:39 schrieb Leah Rowe:
Hi everyone, Please note: the attached patch is NOT ready to merge yet.Just FYI I'm working on this patch at the moment. I'm gonna give it a rest for a few days while working on other tasks; I also need to test it more thoroughly before it's ready for review.See attached. What do you think?It unifies mozilla firefox and librewolf in OpenBSD, putting most browser-specific config into a new module: www/mozilla-browserI do away with mozconfig entirely, in LibreWolf, and once again use CONFIGURE_ARGS in ports. The logic is now in sync with FireFox.I added all of LibreWolf's hardening to the setup, so now FireFox has a more hardened set of build options mirroring what is used in LibreWolf.I no longer patch mozconfig or policy in LibreWolf. I delete mozconfig. The policy already disables AI like OpenBSD's one does, so everything is still in sync; the only difference now is those settings are no longer locked in LibreWolf.This is part of a general effort to simplify the maintenance of LibreWolf, which necessarily meant integrating more tightly with OpenBSD's ports build logic. This naturally led to my unifying both ports. They're still separate ports, but they re-use a lot between each other. I could probably go further and actually have them both as one port.Note: In this WIP patch, i have not yet unified firefox-esr. That's the last job.What do you think generally about this sort of change? Please note that the patch is not ready to merge yet.
-- Company director, Minifree Ltd Registered in England, No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462 Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK
OpenPGP_0x5C654067D383B1FF.asc
Description: OpenPGP public key
OpenPGP_signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
