There's a new member in a zscanner-related struct and a function with a different parameter type, the safe thing to do would be major-bump at least libzscanner and libknot (and at that point we might as well do libdnssec as well).

--
 Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 2 September 2026 18:50:24 Lucas Gabriel Vuotto <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Aisha, ports,

here is an update for Knot to 3.4.11. I started trying it out to replace
my manual DNSSEC setup and ran into a bug with XoT which was fixed in
3.4.6. I tried 3.4.11 briefly in my test setup and it still works, so
here is a patch for it.

I didn't set an update for the 3.5.x branch as I also ran into issues
there, as a misconfiguration produced valid results in 3.4.x but not in
3.5.x. I'm talking with upstream about it. I prefer to play it safe and
stick with 3.4.x for the time being.

Tests in a real setup are welcome. Also, I blindly updated py-libknot; I
don't have an usecase for it nor it has any tests, but Knot Makefile
says to update it too.

Portswise, make check-shlib-syms reported additions to libknot. I didn't
spot any deletion manually inspecting the tags, so I went with a minor
bump in the library.

OK?

Lucas


diff refs/heads/master refs/heads/knot-3.4.11
commit - d72d7156d73f5f3a980f404445b7fff11bc19e87
commit + 54060458c19fcd8cf17a30c7bbc2cfed752a85fb
blob - 4edbcb1abb36f54d5686c8295d8e5e9dd247932e
blob + c2178e2ecd09b2164acdc9daa1aa36b82c7ac5b4
--- net/knot/Makefile
+++ net/knot/Makefile
@@ -1,11 +1,10 @@
COMMENT = authoritative DNS server

# update net/py-libknot when updating this
-DISTNAME = knot-3.4.5
-REVISION = 0
+DISTNAME = knot-3.4.11

SHARED_LIBS +=  dnssec               4.0      # 9.0
-SHARED_LIBS +=  knot                 11.0     # 15.0
+SHARED_LIBS +=  knot                 11.1     # 15.0
SHARED_LIBS +=  zscanner             2.0      # 4.0

CATEGORIES = net
blob - 80674fde8310389d06c8ba22d757a68ddd14eb4f
blob + fbf8d8f37a2e4e0605000821dd2ff03478bdac6d
--- net/knot/distinfo
+++ net/knot/distinfo
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-SHA256 (knot-3.4.5.tar.xz) = NZr3Cvr6fMqhhDmnwes1Jw/57s6B0HVq5MpxaxQzy0s=
-SIZE (knot-3.4.5.tar.xz) = 1610204
+SHA256 (knot-3.4.11.tar.xz) = dr+3YtbSa0Mlpky6BLpD3+AWIsNu5650CpN24zb++V4=
+SIZE (knot-3.4.11.tar.xz) = 1624780
blob - bdd24dd8526c6637433f306a5b1b5a1cde3d6fdf
blob + 52780b1c03140ba1e6a3f64a2fa31df93df6fdc3
--- net/py-libknot/Makefile
+++ net/py-libknot/Makefile
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
COMMENT = Python bindings for libknot

-MODPY_DISTV = 3.4.5
+MODPY_DISTV = 3.4.11

DISTNAME = libknot-${MODPY_DISTV}
PKGNAME = py-${DISTNAME}
blob - a2e1568ec52bde246cbc95d474d8822d3e2e806b
blob + 50c2f728d0284b1e7340ab9912decf625b86a50c
--- net/py-libknot/distinfo
+++ net/py-libknot/distinfo
@@ -1,2 +1,2 @@
-SHA256 (libknot-3.4.5.tar.gz) = z7OJiFQZ6m5y/qbZN9LLQ6NvKz3HQJXGGOE5gK0DTRM=
-SIZE (libknot-3.4.5.tar.gz) = 16778
+SHA256 (libknot-3.4.11.tar.gz) = UMR69G9UM25Vf2fXvZaqzO12ACISAOpx3QJIK6wW/GU=
+SIZE (libknot-3.4.11.tar.gz) = 16612

Reply via email to