Currently it has a mix of:
- google/mozc, which is the overall upstream, along with  patches
   against it.
- fcitx/mozc, which is fcitx's upstream.
- fcitx/mozc-cmake, which serves as the cmake base, along with patches
   against it.

I'm considering options such as:
- Tracking google/mozc as upstream, managed via a git repo
   (izkluxcvy/mozc-ports).
- Tracking google/mozc as upstream, managed via patches of ports.
- Tracking fcitx/mozc and fcitx/mozc-cmake forks as upstream, and
   managing the __OpenBSD__ changes via patches.

What would be the best approach? I'd appreciate any feedback.

On 2026/08/26 3:56, akizu matsuo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a new port of Mozc, a japanese input method engine. This port
> builds from a personal fork (https://github.com/izkluxcvy/mozc-ports)
> that replaces upstream's bazel build with CMake (based on
> fcitx/mozc-cmake) and adds OpenBSD support.
>
> The port produces three packages:
>   - mozc: core engine (mozc_server) and config tool (mozc_tool)
>   - fcitx-mozc: fcitx5 input method
>   - ibus-mozc: ibus input method
>
> Tested on OpenBSD/amd64 -current.
> I'm new to OpenBSD packaging, so please let me know if I missed
> something. Although the guide states that __OpenBSD__ should be avoided,
> I used __OpenBSD__ to sync with the upstream codebase.
>
> Port tarball attached.


Reply via email to