On 2026/09/04 20:00, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> 04.09.2026 22:32, Stuart Henderson пишет:
> > I think it would be better to set it all the time, like MODSIMPLE_configure
> > does in bsd.port.mk.
>
> Like so?
I meant in python.port.mk, I'd be pretty happy to do that without wider
testing in advance. Changing it in bsd.port.mk I'm a lot more twitchy
about..
> I also just noticed -O3 in matplotlib build logs and passing CXXFLAGS
> make meson append them, so default -O2 is used again and DEBUG gets honoured.
>
> bsd.port.mk already adds CFLAGS to MAKE_ENV outside MODSIMPLE_configure,
> but not CXXFLAGS.
>
> How about adding all just there, dropping C* things in python.port.mk?
>
> 'make -V MAKE_ENV' in matplotlib shows them all without duplicates from
> other places.
>
>
> Index: lang/python/3/python.port.mk
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/ports/lang/python/3/python.port.mk,v
> diff -u -p -r1.28 python.port.mk
> --- lang/python/3/python.port.mk 19 Jun 2026 13:49:04 -0000 1.28
> +++ lang/python/3/python.port.mk 4 Sep 2026 19:54:50 -0000
> @@ -223,7 +223,6 @@ MODPY_DISTUTILS_BUILD ?= build --build-b
> MODPY_DISTUTILS_INSTALL ?= install --prefix=${TRUEPREFIX} \
> --root=${DESTDIR}
>
> -MAKE_ENV += CC=${CC}
> CONFIGURE_ENV += PYTHON="${MODPY_BIN}"
> .if ${CONFIGURE_STYLE:Mgnu}
> CONFIGURE_ENV += ac_cv_prog_PYTHON="${MODPY_BIN}" \
> Index: infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk
> ===================================================================
> RCS file: /cvs/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk,v
> diff -u -p -r1.1651 bsd.port.mk
> --- infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk 18 May 2026 23:38:23 -0000 1.1651
> +++ infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk 4 Sep 2026 19:58:38 -0000
> @@ -754,7 +759,8 @@ PORTHOME ?= /${PKGNAME}_writes_to_HOME
>
> MAKE_ENV += PATH='${PORTPATH}' PREFIX='${PREFIX}' \
> LOCALBASE='${LOCALBASE}' X11BASE='${X11BASE}' \
> - CFLAGS='${CFLAGS:C/ *$//}' \
> + CC=${CC} CFLAGS=${CFLAGS:Q} \
> + CXX=${CXX} CXXFLAGS=${CXXFLAGS:Q} \
have you looked into why it currently strips trailing spaces from
CFLAGS? could it cause some subtle problem if it stops doing that?
> TRUEPREFIX='${PREFIX}' ${DESTDIRNAME}='' \
> HOME='${PORTHOME}'
>
>