On 2026-09-05 4:11 p.m., Thomas Frohwein wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2026 22:08:49 -0400
Brad Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2026 at 01:19:23AM -0400, Brad Smith wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2026 at 01:14:34PM -0700, Thomas Frohwein wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2026 18:24:57 -0400
Brad Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
Within the last few months recoil-rts has gained support for
building on aarch64. The following diff fixes building the port
on aarch64.
Thanks, Brad. This is a fairly big port and I'm reluctant to
enable it for arm64 without reports on the test suite (`make
test`) and runtime.
I had ran the test suite, ran into some that were failing. I tracked
down why one was failing and had the bug fixed upstream. The
testClampRad failure upstream is aware of and is undefined beavior
for the failing test. The test needs to be fixed.
93% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 29
Total Test time (real) = 108.72 sec
The following tests FAILED:
17 - testCreg (Failed)
25 - testClampRad (Failed)
I can run beyond-all-reason and it downloads assets and the game
runs. I can run the Scenarios, the maps download and load. Its just
slow as I am running it remotely.
A convenient way to test runtime (if you don't mind the assets
that are downloaded into ~/.local/state/BAR) is running
$ beyond-all-reason
and then testing something from "Scenarios" (button on the left).
The first one, "Fortress Assault" would be good one to just load
up and give some commands to the units.
Benchmarking can be done in the scenarios at the bottom,
"Benchmark BAR" and "Benchmark pathfinding" will give some times
for rendering and don't require input.
Being this is remote and it is not quick at all.
I am just trying to get the package to build and make sure it works
as a start on aarch64; since I noticed upstream added aarch64
support very recently by a team of people working on macOS and
Linux support.
An updated diff.
I fixed the other 2 issues found by the unit tests.
Thanks, Brad! This is great, we should see if those fixes can be
upstreamed in the near future. Now all the tests complete 100% on
amd64, too. I've committed it.
All of the patches have already been pushed upstream and committed.